The Nanny's Rules and Regulations
Please be aware of the following prior to booking services with us:
- All dogs entering the Nanny's home must be spayed or neutered if over 6 months of age (if unable to spay or neuter for medical reasons, a letter from your pup's veterinarian is required.)
- All dogs entering the Nanny's home must be current on the following vaccinations: Rabies, DHPP, and Bordetella (Kennel Cough). The K9 Influenza and Lepto vaccinations are recommended, but not required.
- The Nanny does not support the use of choke, pinch, prong or shock collars; all dogs under her care must be provided with a nylon/leather/martingale collar and/or harness and leash for the Nanny's use.
- All dogs under the Nanny's care must have a current Rabies tag and name tag with contact information on their collars.
- All new clients (and any new additions for existing clients!) must participate in a Meet 'N Greet prior to the booking of any services. For boarding and daycare dogs, this is done at the Nanny's home. For dog walking and home visits, this is done at your home. A Meet 'N Greet consists of the Nanny meeting and spending time with the pet, introducing the pet to her own animals if applicable, and generally "getting a feel" for the pet's personality and determining if it would be a good fit for both sides. We want to make sure that not only do we feel good about working with your pet, but that YOU feel good about us as well! Depending on the situation, a Meet 'N Greet can last anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour, and it is always free of charge.
- It is highly recommended for all dogs and cats to be on year-long heart worm, flea and tick prevention, regardless of time spent outdoors.
- All dogs entering the Nanny's home must be dog, cat and people friendly. We realize that some dogs will chase cats in certain situations, and that not all dogs get along with each other. We recognize and accept this! However, any dog going above and beyond this, showing true aggression toward another animal or person, will not be welcome back, and an additional fee may be added to the stay.
- The Nanny understands that sometimes, life happens! Our cancellation policy is very lenient. Communicate with us as soon as you can about any changes to your schedule that would affect any reservations you have. If no notice for cancellation is given more than 24 hours before a booked service, we do reserve the right to charge you for the full amount of the scheduled service(s). We do ask for a non-refundable $50 down payment for bookings during and immediately around major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's). Cancellation for those holidays must be given no later than two weeks in advance, or we reserve the right to charge for the full amount of the booked stay. We do provide a wait list for these holidays in the case of a cancellation.
- It is highly recommended that you bring your dog's own food for boarding stays. Most dogs don't eat as much as normal the first day or two of a boarding stay due to a change in environment. Changing their food can upset their stomachs and stress them out even more. If, however, a special circumstance occurs, we will provide our food, Wellness Core Grain-Free Ocean Formula, for an additional fee.
- Feel free to bring your pooch's bed, crate, favorite blanket or toy, or even an old t-shirt of yours to make the stay more comfortable. We also have a variety of crate sizes, bowls, extra beds and blankets that we will happily provide at no extra charge.
- Meal times are generally once in the morning and once in the evening; food will not be left out. All dogs are separated at meal times to discourage any resource guarding and to prevent any problems from occurring. If your pup requires more than two feedings a day, we are happy to accommodate; just let us know!
- Walks, play time, medication administration and snuggles are all included in the boarding price!
- The Nanny requires a "pre-visit" to come by your home and go over everything with you in advance to make sure that there are no questions or gaps in communication. This "pre-visit" is provided at no additional cost to you.
- All home visits must be paid in full no later than one week prior to start of the visits, either $50 or half of which is non-refundable (whichever amount is less). It will be up to the Nanny's discretion to refund partial payment for any changes made to the scheduled visits after prepayment is received.